Create a graphical representation of your building by entering one or more blocks to your building. "Blocks" may be combined to define the general footprint and shape of a building. The Energy Asset Scoring Tool is designed to permit modeling a building with multiple blocks that represent building parts with distinctly different energy assets or physical configurations. Most buildings can and should be considered as one block unless any of the following situations apply:
- The building footprint cannot be simplified by the basic footprint shapes (see block inputs).
- The building has sections with different numbers of floors (e.g., one portion of the building is 3 stories and another portion is 10 stories), and/or buildings with some floors that are above ground and some below ground.
- The building is mixed-use building (e.g., a portion of the building is retail while the other portion is office).
- The building is served by different HVAC systems (e.g. a portion of the building uses a local chiller while the other portion uses packaged DX units).
- The building has sections with different operating schedules (e.g., one portion of the building has 24-hour occupancy, while another has an 8-hour occupancy).
Create a New Block
- Select the Add (plus) icon from the left hand
- Assign a name to your block.
- Enter geometry and footprint dimensions.
- Click the Create Block button to save your entry.
An iconic representation of the building block will be displayed on the Building Project screen.
Edit an existing block
- Select the blue Edit link under the Block name of the block you wish to edit, as displayed on the left hand sidebar.
- Click the Update Block button to save your changes.
- Remove a Block by selecting the yellow trash can icon.