Energy Asset Score
The energy asset score that is generated by the Asset Scoring Tool evaluates the physical characteristics of a building "as built" and its overall energy efficiency independent of its occupancy and operational choices (building use schedules and plug loads). The energy model takes into account the building envelope, the mechanical and electrical systems, and other major energy-using equipment that IS built into the building.
The primary modeling output of the Asset Scoring Tool is source energy use intensity (EUI), which is used to generate the asset score. No baseline building is needed because the calculated EUI is placed on a predefined scale for each use type.
The energy asset score output, as displayed in an online summary display page and a downloadable energy asset score report, will identify potential cost-effective opportunities for efficiency improvements and note what impact those opportunities might have on the potential asset scores of a building.
Score your building
Before scoring your building, perform a final review of all building data entered into the tool:
- Select the Building Info icon on the asset score toolbar to view a summary of your building data.
- Review EACH of the building components for EACH of the blocks you have created to make sure that you don't need to make any changes.
Note: A yellow warning symbol on a toolbar icon or on the Building Info page indicates that section is either missing required information or has a problem with data already entered.
- Go back and make changes to your inputs if needed
When your building is complete, you can submit it for simulation to receive a score:
- Select the Score Building icon from the toolbar on the Building Project workspace to send your building to the modeling engine.
- A system notice should appear indicating that your building has been submitted, and that you should receive an email notification when your score is ready.
- Select the Back to My Buildings icon to return to My Buildings.
View your score
Once a simulation is complete, the iconic image of your building that is available on My Buildings will have a number displayed on the lower right corner indicating that the building has been scored and is available for review. Click the building to view a summary page that includes an asset score scale graphic with the current and potential scores of your building. The summary screen also includes the inputs you used to create your building.
Download score results
Select the yellow Download icon, and select 'Download Report' to open a detailed energy asset score report in PDF file format to view and/or download. The energy asset score report guide can be used to help interpret your score.
Select the yellow Download icon, and select ‘Download Model’ to open an OpenStudio Model (.osm) file to view and/or download for use in other applications.