After login, the tool displays the Buildings page with a view of buildings that have been entered. New users logging in for the first time initially will see a blank workspace with New Building and Audit Reporting Tool buttons for the creation of new buildings.
1. Click the Audit Reporting Tool button to create an audit data report file in the Audit Template.
2. Select NYC Energy Efficiency Report for New York City audit reports from the drop down menu, or Other City Report to begin a report for all other available cities.
3. Enter the Building Name, Report Type, Year Completed, Gross Floor Area, and Location as defined below:
Building Name – The building name will act as an identifier that will appear on other pages in your project, and on the audit report. The name should help identify the premises, and may be the name of a complex, a building, or a space within a building.
Report Type – Identify the name of the city or jurisdiction that will be receiving the audit report, and the associated report name. All reports are generated based on ASHRAE/ACCA Standard 211P, Standard for Commercial Building Energy Audits. Some reports may include additional data input fields required by cities based on local energy audit ordinances.
Year Completed – Year in which building construction was completed.
Gross Floor Area – The sum of the floor areas of all the spaces within the building with no deductions for floor penetrations other than atria. It is measured from the exterior faces of exterior walls or from the centerline of walls separating buildings but it excludes covered walkways, open roofed-over areas, porches and similar spaces, pipe trenches, exterior terraces or steps, roof overhangs, parking garages, surface parking, and similar features (source = ASHRAE Terminology). Note: the value entered here will be used to auto-populate the Gross Floor Area field of the Building Characteristics screen later in the data entry process.
Location – Address of the physical location of the reported premise. The address should represent a complete street address, including street number, street name, prefixes, suffixes, modifiers, and unit number. The complete address will be displayed on the audit report for documentation.
Note – Add notes to your audit data report file for future reference. Content may be viewed and/or edited online from the Building Information page when editing a building, but will not appear on the audit report.
4. Click the "Create Building" button to continue to the Audit Template data entry screens.
5. Complete each section of the data entry screens identified below. Navigate using the Audit Template toolbar, or the ‘Previous’ and ‘Next tab buttons.
- Building Information*
- Contact Information and Audit Details
- Facility Description
- Utility Data and Benchmarking
- Energy Use Breakdown and QA/QC
- Energy Savings Opportunity
- Submit to City
*The data entered when creating a new audit report file is available to view and/or edit from the Building Information button on the toolbar.
Data entry screens or sections may be contain yellow warning symbols if there are fields on a screen that need to be completed for city reporting and/or a section is incomplete. Some city reports have a minimum set of input requirements. For example, for San Francisco reports, at least one of the following inputs are required for submission:
- Use Type
- Lighting Type
- HVAC system
- SHW System
- Energy Savings Opportunity package with one energy efficiency measure